What is Shadow Work®?
Here is a description of Shadow Work® from the Shadowwork.com site:
Shadow Work® is a way to bring your true self out of shadow and into the light. It’s a way of transforming parts of your character that you’d like to change with compassion and understanding, and offers an effective technology for balancing these diverse parts.
Shadow Work® includes a set of facilitated processes that allow individuals to explore and change almost any behavior pattern. Shadow Work® is especially devoted to providing a setting that allows people to explore and evolve themselves safely, choicefully and without pressure from the facilitator.
Based on Cliff Barry’s unique synthesis of ancient and modern tools, Shadow Work® uses a four-directional “map of the mind” to identify and process your “shadows.”
Please visit the site to listen to an audio presentation of the foundations of Shadow Work®.
Shadow Work® is based on four archetypes that are a part of each person: Sovereign, Warrior, Magician, and Lover. I assist people to access the gifts that these aspects of their personality offer.
This emotional process is the most accurate way I have found of assisting people to change thoughts and behaviors that are keeping them from taking the next step in their lives. I have experienced, have witnessed others, and you can too:
- See painful lifelong patterns with new clarity and understanding
- Get the inner support you need to shift those patterns
- Confront shadows that were previously too scary to face
- Release bitterness and resentment towards a loved one and find forgiveness
- Safely access your inner warrior and gain new power and confidence
I am a Certified Shadow Work® coach. Please contact me if you are interested in hearing more about what a coaching session with me would look like.
There will be a Shadow Process day-long workshop on September 26, 2015 in Denver.
Sign up for Helena's Blog
- I am a coach and facilitator, passionate about living in the world in integrity. I share my victories and struggles candidly through my blog and lead processes for personal transformation through my Shadow Work coaching practice.