Welcome to my site! I am a trainer, coach and facilitator, passionate about living in the world in integrity. I don’t have it all figured out, and I don’t pretend to. I share my victories and struggles candidly through my blog, and invite you to share your experiences. Through my Shadow Work coaching practice, I offer insights and lead processes for personal transformation that work for me, and have assisted many others in living creative and fulfilling lives.
I’m passionate about community, practical spirituality, international music, dancing, and sustainable living. Living in Denver, I have great access to all of that and continually find more to love about this city. I have a young son who I adore and is teaching me so much about the power that comes with being so deeply loved and trusted.
I love being a place where the spiritual and practical can meet. I’m dedicated to rebuilding true community through my personal relationships and through service to what’s highest in this world and in each of us. I don’t believe spirituality is about things being light and easy, or about denying the ego and physicality. I believe in staying “in” the process even when it hurts and having the strength to look at and transform our shadows and wounds. I’m also committed to the party–to welcoming and cooking for my friends and the importance of dance ritual.
This blog is for you if:
- You’re interested in the down-to-earth realities of being a spiritual being on the planet today
- You want real life examples, not platitudes. You want to hear about a real person learning and growing
- You long for healthy relationships that assist you in doing your life work, not distract
- You’re committed to owning your own Shadow and how it affects your thoughts and actions
- You want to accept and nurture all of your emotions, because being spiritual doesn’t mean being “happy-go-lucky” all the time
Education and Credentials
My BA is from the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies at the University of Redlands in California. My self-designed emphasis was called Facilitating Individual and Organizational Transformation: psychology, sociology, and religion. I taught a class in coaching and leadership, which I called “Facilitating Organizational Transformation”. I also completed a MBA at Redlands. Since then I’ve evolved my career as a Learning and Development Manager, specializing in both functional/job training and leadership development for employees. Am a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (Association for Talent Development). I am certified to teach/coach on INSIGHTS Discovery personality system as well as Crucial Conversations.
I have been facilitating groups and coaching individuals for six years. In February of 2011 I became a certified ShadowWork coach after several years of training with Vicki Woodard and Cliff Barry, the creator of Shadow Work International. I have also taken EnneaMotion facilitator training with Andrea Isaacs, and love her work of integrating movement into emotional healing processes.
Sign up for Helena's Blog
- I am a coach and facilitator, passionate about living in the world in integrity. I share my victories and struggles candidly through my blog and lead processes for personal transformation through my Shadow Work coaching practice.